Our Concrete Company in Valparaiso offers New Concrete Placement
If our concrete company determines that your concrete repair options are too extensive to repair, American Concrete Raising can replace the trouble areas with new concrete. We can also place new concrete (prep and pour) on virtually any flatwork, including:
- Garage floors
- Concrete pool decks
What to Expect When Pouring New Concrete
The concrete placement process varies for each site and is dependent on the size, finish, color, depth, and shape of the desired project. This information is determined when we visit the site and provide you with an estimate of the cost. The following are the basic steps that we take when installing new concrete:
- Site preparation: The site is prepared by removing any grass, shrubs, other concrete, etc. The subbase is then filled and compacted over the area(s) where concrete will be placed.
- Forming: Forms (usually made out of wood) are set on the site to frame and hold the concrete in place.
- Concrete placement: By this step, the concrete will be mixed and prepared in a mix truck. The concrete is then slowly poured into the forms.
- Early finishing: The concrete is screeded (smoothed) using a board or straight edge. Then, the concrete is floated for further smoothing or leveling.
- Troweling: If necessary, the concrete is smoothed using a trowel to create a smooth, hard finish.
- Final finishing: The concrete surface is texturized, stamped, or broomed to create the desired finish.
- Curing: The concrete sets and hardens with the help of a cure and seal compound, which also helps reduce cracks and surface discoloration.